Asked in Child Custody for Alabama

Q: Can I legally obtain my children from a saftey plan still have my custody nor has judge told me i have lost my rights

Haven't been to any court

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shane Michael Oncale
Shane Michael Oncale
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: It is a little hard to tell what is going on by your one sentence statement but generally if you have agreed to a safety plan you can withdraw your agreement at any time and tell DHR you want your children and will not longer abide by the plan. DHR will then have to make a decision as to whether to involve the legal process. You mention a judge. If. your case is in the litigation process there is an Order in place and you need to follow that Order. In any event you should never take any action based upon what you read here or elsewhere. You should sit down and talk to a lawyer where all the facts can be evaluated and all options considered. Obviously your situation is deeper than the single sentence can cover.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.