Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: I want to divorce my husband and get custody of my kids, and Social services will not help what do I need to do?

What evidence do I need to get custody from the unsafe environment my kids are in, I cant prove anything because I am stuck in the US in the army and my husband is violent. I am scared the kids will be harmed mentally, and I don't want to go to a custody battle with nothing to show for. He is violent and neglects the kids of water and proper education, I have been backing into the wall and I do know what to do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. Your best move is to speak with your superiores to established you being assigned and deployed at one military base for a set time span that you can take your children with you. The custody in normally always given to the mother. It would be a good to have your children registered in a School of your choice and have housing set up for all of you in the área where you will be deployed. Set up a plan of custody and child care when you are at work. Also set up a visitation schedual for the father to spend time with his children. Once this has been done, the speak with an Attorney to file the divorce and petition of custody.

If this cannot be done then you should consider split custody. This Will allow you to be involved in the children's life and educativo.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.