Deland, FL asked in Workers' Compensation and Health Care Law for Georgia

Q: GA catastrophic w/c case WC 207 violation or not?

Can a rehab case manager send my medical records at will to any facility as she wishes? My records were sent to a rehab facility without a signed WC207, ATP had not authorized nor recommended the facility, and I never went to this facility, dates and facts are in writing. This was just one of those workers who was let do as she pleased, she played dr and atty and had no problem stating dr did not properly diagnose and had prescribed medicine inappropriately. My records have been sent out to drs I haven't seen since signing WC207 and I don't feel this is appropriate but I guess its allowed by law. Due to another serious issue worker was removed but damage remains due to her actions. Was it a violation for her to send records without a signed WC207? Also, if this is a was a violation of hippa, would a work comp atty have to pursue or is there hope of another type atty being interested, cat rehab are third party as I understand it.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Andrew Miller
T. Andrew Miller
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Unfortunately, the answer is yes based on what you’ve written here. There’s an entire team essentially working against your best interest in the name of saving money. Get an experienced workers comp attorney on your team so you can know your rights and options. Otherwise they will just keep doing as they please and taking advantage.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.