Covington, GA asked in Juvenile Law, Family Law and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: I’m legally disabled. Can DFCS or Juvenile court treat me differently?

Such as drug screens even though my Dr has provided a letter explaining the results of the drug screen and my medication. Shouldn’t the case be closed if that’s the only problem. And juvenile instantly turned on me once they learned I was disabled and wanted a drug screen bc my child missed so much school due to depression. I feel discriminated against bc of my illnesses. I’m being punished from what my ex did to us and I’m trying to get me and my kids some help healing from abuse.

1 Lawyer Answer
Homer P Jordan IV
Homer P Jordan IV
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I'm sorry you are going through this, as it sounds like a difficult time. I'm not sure what you mean about them treating you differently. You could discuss this issue with them, or with an attorney who can review the facts in detail and present you with options. Your child missed school due to his/her depression or your depression? There are unanswered questions here. -Homer P. Jordan IV, Esq. 404-620-1558

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.