Asked in Estate Planning, Intellectual Property and Tax Law for Georgia

Q: My brother and I did a quick claim deed with my two daughters on property we inherited from our parents for taxes

With the understanding that we would never the put out evicted or any thing of that matter and we were to live there until our deaths upon signing the papers I the mother his soul financier of this property and its taxes who was evicted within two months and now my brother is being threatened with eviction I am 100% disabled and so is my brother what legal advice can you give me and this matter

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL

A: Your unfortunate situation was caused by your erroneous belief that non-lawyers can do very important things that involve their property rights without benefit of counsel. So now, rather than hire a real estate lawyer to help you avoid the errors before you made them, you will have to hire a civil trial lawyer to keep you from being evicted--by your own children. If you and your brother are sitting on lots of cash, then hire a lawyer TODAY. However, if you and your disabled brother are poor enough, you may qualify for free legal aid. Call the Georgia Bar Association and ask them to refer you to some local legal aid organization.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.