Chatsworth, CA asked in Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Federal Crimes and Probate for California

Q: Los Angeles probate case, I hired lawyer because I want to Object/ file 850.Lawyer never filed 850 but said he did....

I trusted my attorney was doing what I wanted. I brought him my paperwork and he agreed with me that i should object to probate and excluded my property from the estate. I even paid him $5000 to file. He told me it'll be a long process its been 2yrs now and I just found out my attorney never filed 850 or let court know i oppose. Instead I am Administrator of the Estate and petitioner to 50%! Thats not wat I wanted. Also i see he ask court to release money to me that was held and they sent it to his office 8months ago but he never told me. I see judge been asking for proof of deposit over and over since 8months ago! My attorney has not responded to judge HOW can this be? But I'm still ADMINISTRATOR and court just keeps getting continued! Why?

1 Lawyer Answer

Richard Samuel Price

  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry that you are going through this. You should have a sit-down discussion with your attorney to understand what has happened. If you don't get satisfactory answers, you can switch attorneys.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.