Dallas, TX asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas

Q: I have a warrant for a traffic stop from 2011 that I have no recollection about. What can I do now 8 years later?

I was pulled over for speeding, and only given a warning. But the officer said I had a warrant for no OR expired license back from 2011. I’ve always taken care of tickets & infractions and I have no recollection of this happening. I’m not sure why EIGHT years later I am just now hearing about it. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can bond a bond to recall the warrant and set the matter on the contested docket if you do not believe you are guilty of the offense. Or you can contact an attorney who can probably post the bond at a lower cost and plead not guilty. Or you can just pay the ticket, but this will cause a conviction to be reported to the DPS, and surcharges to be imposed on your license. Calling an attorney would help. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.