Chatsworth, CA asked in Estate Planning and Probate for California

Q: Re:probate case when i file a Declaration can i also include what i want the court to do.Like exclude and release funds?

Im attaching documents to back up my declaration that i am the legal owner of surplus funds wrongly involved in the estate. So since im declaring who i am can i also tell court that releasing those funds from blocked accts is in order?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Richard Samuel Price

  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: No, a petition and an order to withdraw funds from a blocked account are separate forms. Use Judicial Counsel Forms MC-357 and MC-358 to request withdrawal of funds from a blocked account.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.