Cornelia, GA asked in Family Law and Probate for Georgia

Q: What can be done about a family member that manipulated the proposed ward of a petition into signing over a home title?

My mother has not been mentally in tact since her parents passed in 2017. She became executor or their estate in which the title to their home was put in her name. My aunt and I announced that we were going to file the petition for guardianship and conservator as my mother as the proposed ward to the rest of our family members with my mother expressing that she needs that petition filed. While having the petition in hand another family member intentionally went to my mother while she was alone and manipulated her into signing over the title to my grandparents home to them. This family member also knew when my mother takes her prescription sleep aid known as ambien in which my mother was under the influence of at the time of this incident. My mother claims she wasn't even aware of signing any document with that family member and now said family member has filed to evict my sister and other family members living in that home. What can be done if anything since that family member fraudule

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Samantha A Holloway
Samantha A Holloway
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: This appears to be a probate matter. I would suggest that you consult with a probate attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.