La Marque, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: What do I do now? Can't afford an attorney.

2 dui's, Nov06 & Mar 07. No priors & nothing violations since. Satop and fines I have done. I don't have a car or means to get a car right now. I moved from Missouri where the case was originally and now in Texas. Texas says I have to do whatever Missouri says I have to do. But one of the problems I am facing is the attorney wants me to get a Texas driving record. I don't have a Texas record because I don't have a license and I don't drive so that I can one day get them back. How do I prove that I have nothing in Texas if I have nothing? What is my next step in getting my license back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Eastland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your MO case is still open and no conviction you might be able to file for an Occupation license here in Texas. You will need an attorney IMO, to review all the facts of your situation and insure they believe they can get you one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.