Tuscaloosa, AL asked in Tax Law for Alabama

Q: I need help with alabama state taxes. they say I owe $154,000. I live on social sercurity. I need pro bono help.

I was told it needed to be paid in 11 days. Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If the state of Alabama is coming after you for $154,000 in back taxes you must surely have more than sufficient resources to hire a very competent lawyer to help you get out from under the hammer above your head. Stop asking for pro bono help on this open forum. Try searching through the many profiles published by Justia to find a lawyer who will help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.