Philadelphia, PA asked in Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania

Q: I'm 14 & he's 15. he posted a video of us having sex on Instagram. it's being sent around.. what charges can I press?

he was my boyfriend.. at the time he promised he wouldn't send it around or show anybody. Hes my ex now. But a few days ago he posted it on Instagram the video of us having sex showing everybody. People at different schools are showing everybody, talking about it. my repuation is ruined.. people are making fun of me looking at me different. I'm sad about it i cry a lot and depressed.. i just want to know if I wanted to press charges what exact charges would i press ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
  • Norristown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact your local police, and tell them you want to file charges under Title 18, § 6321 ("Transmission of sexually explicit images by minor") and § 3131 ("Unlawful dissemination of intimate image").

Under section 6321, the cops could also take his phone or computer (whichever was used to disseminate the video) and he'd never get it back.

Best of luck to you. Hard lesson learned here too -- don't forget it.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.