Country Club Hills, IL asked in Criminal Law for Illinois

Q: I have a warrant in Rock island, il. I want to clear up the matter but I do not want to go to jail

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

James G. Dimeas

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Schaumburg, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The warrant has to be executed, meaning you have to turn yourself in and be processed, and then be taken before a Judge. This means that you will be in custody for a short time while you are processed, assuming that you will be released after you appear in Court. You can always turn yourself in and post the bond for the warrant and be given a court date.

Juan Ooink agrees with this answer

Juan Ooink

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bolingbrook, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: You should hire an attorney to assist you with this matter. That attorney will file a Motion to Quash and Recall the Warrant. You will have to appear in court on the hearing date for the motion. The sooner you do this the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.