Dallas, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: I paid $2000.00 for my Divorce I was suppose to be getting 70% of assets and him 30% and he’s to liquidate the business

He was to pay everything until divorce was final, and has not done what was ordered by the judge. What can I do about it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak
  • Eastland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Sadly $2000 is a bargain for a divorce. If your Ex has not complied with the Decree you will need to file a Motion to Enforce. You will likely have to pay the attorney more money to pay for that, but they can ask in the Motion for the Ex to have to reimburse you for your legal fees.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.