Baltimore, MD asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law, Child Support and Civil Rights for Maryland

Q: Prof. licenses were requested to be suspended before a background check for new job offer completed. Now what?

OCSE requested the MBON suspend my licenses for non-compliance. One of the problems with this is, I was in compliance. This is the second time the OCSE has caused me to lose a job opportunity because of inaccurate information and an unwillingness to resolve the balance of the support order. I wasn't properly notified of their intentions and received conflict information from different caseworkers. I want to know what can be done do that I do not walk into another job and be told my licenses are suspended and get a background check showing I have been listed on the State Board's registry for "abuse/misconduct... pending review" because of a mistake with child support. Though my licenses have been reinstated, the orders are still attached and can be read, it should not have happened at all. I know I can appeal to the employer who offered me the position and explain but I also want to ensure I do not face anything like this again and finally get assistance correcting the order.

1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Pugliese
Elizabeth Pugliese
  • Rockville, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You need to file in the child support case and request an audit of your case. this will ensure they correct your record.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.