Asked in Lemon Law for Tennessee

Q: Can I take someone to court for fraudulent information on selling a vehicle and no title at time of sale?

If I bought a vehicle "as is" but immediately have starting problems (3rd day)followed by being towed and now been confirmed my engine needs replacement after just a few weeks. Now I have no vehicle and seller wont do nothing about the situation. Also since time of sale I'm still waiting for a title in my hand(been over 30 days). I have documents and call logs where I stayed in contact with him but he refuses to do anything. I also should state that the original ad states that the vehicle did have a new motor/transmission 6months prior and "runs perfect/very reliable ". Now I have no money for repairs or no vehicle just after few weeks. Seeking help to get a civil case started . I hope someone can help me please.

Also should say I live in Tennessee but I would need information about Kentucky laws as I did purchase the vehicle there.

Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: A Tennessee Court has no Jurisdiction. Hire a Kentucky attorney to get a violation against his Dealer's License for failing to transfer Title filed with the State. Or possibly get a Warrant issued for the Statute related to the same. The Mechanical stuff is solely a civil issue with probably no recovery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.