Daphne, AL asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Alabama

Q: Where can i find online the AL codes/doc to file a conservatorship &codes to file for revocation of demented mothers POA

My 92yo mother is in my care now, as my sister.. her POA has not been taking appropriate care of her. She has dementia, and is unwilling to use my mothers social security to help provide sitters for care..she is a total care patient. I am 75yo and need help. The courthouse said i could look online for alabama codes or get an attorney. i cant afford an attorney, and i cant find the documents with codes online. Please help. God bless.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Frank Truncali
Frank Truncali
  • Elder Law Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Some probate courts have forms and code information online. I would look at some of the larger counties such as Montgomery or Mobile. On the POA, it all depends on the language in the document. Generally, the person that granted the POA is the one that files to have it revoked but in this situation that would be difficult. If affording an attorney is difficult, I recommend calling Legal Services Alabama at (866) 456-4995. You may qualify for legal assistance based on income.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.