Philadelphia, PA asked in Sexual Harassment for Pennsylvania

Q: My son is being charged with sexual harassment at school they want to file criminal charges

He was suspended yesterday and I left a message on my voicemail saying we need to come up for a meeting on Friday but that they were going to file criminal charges what do I need to do do I need to get an attorney if so is there any free ones

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It sounds like your son is in grave danger. If criminal charges are filed against him his future looks dim. So yes, you do need to hire a lawyer to defend him. As for your question about "free ones" please know that the only "free" attorneys are those who work for your local public defender, and those who work for non-profit legal aid organizations in your area. However, unless you qualify for "free" legal services (i.e., very low income), you will be unable to find free legal help anywhere. Do not let money ruin your son's life.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.