Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Arizona

Q: I’m 15 and live in Arizona and my dad is a alcoholic and smokes out of wax pens and other things it’s hard for me please

I live in Arizona and I’m 15 am I able to make my decision with living with my mom

1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Your opinion and the behavior if the male on your birth certificate should both be taken into consideration. You will need to petition the court for a review of the cold custody order. There are a number of factors which will need to be considered in determining where the petition must be filed and other issues.

My recommendation is that you reach out to a legal aid service near you and sell some pro bono assistance. If you are in Mohave County I may be able to help or, at least, point you in the right direction.

I hope you find some help and a better living situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.