Asked in Criminal Law and Constitutional Law for Kentucky

Q: I had an illegal search warrent issued for a residence i just moved to that had my name no where on it.

The search warrent said to search the residence of John doe at 28 B.S. lane. I just moved in 6 days b4 this happened. John Doe has never owned the property nor has he ever been on the property. He has lived at the same residence for 30 years. A man had moved out in the middle of the night of the residence a week b4 I started moving in. John Doe's name is on the warrent 4 times, mine zero. John Doe went to the sheriff's office & complained about his name being on warrent & the sheriff's office responded by saying that it had already been taken care of??? A search warrent that has been signed under affirmation or oath can't be changed to make it fit the way they want it to can it? The task force presented the district judge unaccurate & wrong info to obtain the warrent, which in my eyes is perjury or what they would charge me if I did what they are trying to do. And if the name on the warrent is changed isn't that called tampering with court records?? I live in Muhlenberg co. Ky. Thank

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: If the warrant was tampered with or defective I. Any way, you can seek to have the search suppressed in court. Consult a local criminal attorney and get quality representation in this case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.