Clemmons, NC asked in Immigration Law for North Carolina

Q: I’m on the process of I751 and have to go back home emergency but my visa expires on July what should I do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Juan Antonio Arreola
Juan Antonio Arreola
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Wilson, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Generally, a conditional resident's status will be extended for 18 months if your I-751 petition was timely filed. During that time conditional residents are typically allowed to work and travel abroad. However, it is very important that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney, who may provide you with accurate legal advice based on your individual circumstance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.