Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: I have a administrative hearing at my probation office, for being behind on payments? I am only a month behind.

I do contract work so it's not always steady. Sometimes hard to get work , especial locally. But I have just started a new position, and I am looking to pay what I owe off, as well as the remaining fees. Before my administrative hearing. I have all the classes done and as well as the other conditions. I was given 2 years probation and I only have 6 months left. I have had no issues with the law since. What should I expect?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary D. Peak
Gary D. Peak
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Eastland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It is strange they would call you in for a special meeting only one month behind, but oh well. Are you sure you haven't failed a drug test? That would be more common.

The good news is, it isn't before the Judge. So, I would expect them to point out the problem and give you a come to Jesus meeting over whatever it us.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.