Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Ohio

Q: I want to change the entity's type to micro, since i am an individual, so the maintenance fee would not be high

I have several patent, and the maintenance fee when do you soon ; I want to change the entity type to micro so I can pay $400 tip patent rather than $1600 . Also, my address want to be changed as well. Beside I am not familiar with filling required documents, therefore what could be the range of changing the entity type, the address and pay the maintenance fee per patent.

On the other hand, are their a clear path for commercializing patents?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ahaji Kirk Amos
Ahaji Kirk Amos

A: You just need to file a certificate of micro entity status. You can get the form at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.