Hawthorne, NJ asked in Traffic Tickets for New Jersey

Q: I got this ticket today but i didnt use my phone even i didnt touch my phone. i was driving only one hand.

i have dash cam but it records road and voice. i was driving lonely and i didn't talk to phone so you can understand with dash cam. i didn't text anyone i can prove my call/text log from sprint. Also when i typed my ticket online. they gave me same ticket to my wife as well but my wife was working and she didn't next to me.

I can pay ticket fee because there is no point but why am i paying fee for not guilty ticket. This is so ridiculous situation. think cop was rookie and they trained him and they understood my English is not well then they did this i completely disagree this ticket so what should i do ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Call the court plead not guilty and ask for a trial when you go to court. But understand use of your phone or texting is not required the law is violated if you hold your phone..

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.