New Bedford, MA asked in Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: My fiance is being charged with murder I have a paper of how much the house is worth I need a lawyer who will fight for

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lissa McKinney
Lissa McKinney
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Acton, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You could call 100 lawyers about this and they will all tell you they will fight for you! Finding a solid defense lawyer takes more time than a post- you want to look at more than a webiste too. Look at their years of experience, training, and reviews if they have them. I know some excellent lawyers that arent on the web at all and some that advertise a ton and would not be the right fit. Think of this like you would getting a doctor for a scar on your face or a eye surgery. Do some research and ask questions. You may meet 2 or 3 lawyers that are equally well qualified and then it comes down to who he feels best to work with, or who you like. After all the two of you are going to be working with the lawyer at least 2 years so pick someone you trust and like as well. There are many of us on Justia you could talk too as a starting point. In addition, hiring a lawyer privately for a murder is going to be expensive no matter what, but don't go telling anyone the equity in your house until you knw who you are hiring. In addition, having equity in your home is not as good if you can't borrow against it or support the debt to do so. In addition, MA has some really great court appointed defense lawyers and the CPCS lawyers that would do a murder case are likely to be highly trained and very capable. You will never get someone right out of school as the state requires lawyers to have a minimum of 6 life felony's to verdict and I think 10 years experience just to think about it. Finally, be careful of saying anything on social media that could harm his case or create more problems. Good luck-

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.