Xenia, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Illinois

Q: Hello. I'm having some issues with my sons father him and I both have our own relationships. But have joint custody .

I get him every other weekend. And he treats me like he has more lean over me. His new gf wont allow me to see much of him they didnt even want to tell me when his doctors appointment was. I just dont know what to do, theres alot more than that

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ray Choudhry
Ray Choudhry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: If you have every other weekend, why is there a problem.

You can call the police and they will force him to turn the child over to you.

As to say so over raising him, it depends on what the court order says.

Seems like an old order with custody and visitation.

You may want to go to court to get a Parenting Plan.

That is what is used now

It spells everything out.

You can download a sample parenting plan by clicking on it.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.