Tucson, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: My daughter is incarcerated at the Sate prison in Perryville, Goodyear. She is serving a three year sentence for non

violent crime. In October she developed breast cancer and after eight months has not been started on therapy, she is presently at stage 3a. In similar cases as dire as this how can she get a earlier release or furlough to receive life saving care. her release date is Feb. 2020.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zachary Divelbiss
Zachary Divelbiss
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: My best recommendation is to contact Middle Ground Prison Reform at middlegroundprisonreform@msn.com. They handle these kind of issues on a daily basis and are former judges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.