Westlake, LA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: Is there any way I can get it dropped or dismissed?

I am a mother of two boys. On mothers day, my husband and I got into a fight. He had called the cops. They arrived and put me in cuffs. He had told the cops that I throw something and hit my 9 year old son in the face. They kept telling me that I was only being detained. When I finally got let out they had informed me that no charges were being filed against me. Yesterday I found out that I have a pending charge. Domestic Abuse Battery Child Endangerment. I didnt hit anyone. My kids lives were not in danger. My husband went to the detectives office and signed a waiver saying he does not want to press charges and he does not want to testify against me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Don't post your name on a public website.

Hire a criminal attorney to seek dismissal of the domestic abuse battery charge.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.