Chicago, IL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Illinois

Q: Do I need to file a restraining order against my ex wife?

My ex wife had left the state tried to get to take our daughters with her. I fought that and won. She still moved out of state alone and got married and then had 3 children. Her father just contacted me and has said that now she has left her new husband and taken 1 of her 3 children with her. The other 2 were left behind with her husband. She was cheating on him and is now staying with the new boyfriend. I am concerned about the safety of my daughters. I have physical custody of them but she usually takes the girls for a few weeks in the summer. I am not comfortable with them going with her at all. Let alone out of state. What do I have to do to voice my concerns? She really only sees the girls a few times a year. Usually showing up about 3 times a year.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ray Choudhry
Ray Choudhry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Go back to court to have the Parenting Plan modified.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.