Los Angeles, CA asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for California

Q: Can a court judgement be vacated later if it was determined that all of the witnesses and the lawyer lied in court?

There was a court trial back in 2006 about a property that was gifted to a beneficiary. The other siblings filed in probate court to have the property returned to the trust and won. Later it was determined that the siblings that filed the petition lied in their testimony to the settlor on the witness stand to get the property back. There was also the issue that the property had been moved to the living trust of the settlor before the trial but the trial was conducted under the family trust. The living trust did not have a seperate case opened for it at that time.

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Why did you wait 13 years?!?! Any statute of limitations or right to appeal is expired.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.