Kingwood, TX asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: I am not on a birth certificate for a child whom I’ve never met, the mother had a court appointed dna test several stat

Away from where I live. She’s in Michigan, I live in Texas. I was never out on birth certificate, wasn’t informed when he was born, and was not at any of the doctor appointments. The child is 4 years old now and she is wanting to get child support

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can explore options as they relate to whether she has waited too long and whether you have to pay back child support based on the time that you knew about the alleged paternity of the child. An important question is when did you 1st find out about the child possibly being yours? Let us know if we can assist. 888-343-4529.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.