Meridian, MS asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Mississippi

Q: I had an accident and was transported to the hospital 6 months later I was picked up warrant for not showing up for

For court. The charge was DUI other but I wasn't tested, wasn't charged, booked in or etc. Was automatically found guilty when I missed court I knew nothing about what can I do.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Madison, MS
  • Licensed in Mississippi

A: You need to contact a criminal defense lawyer ASAP, so that he or she can try and get the conviction overturns and force the prosecutor to start from scratch. Most lawyers on here, including myself, offer free consultations to see how we can help; however, you need to reach out to someone sooner rather than later, otherwise the conviction may stick.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.