East Liverpool, OH asked in Child Support for Ohio

Q: Can I drop my child support or before court I have not went to court yet or have a court hearing all I did was file

I don't wish to keep the child support order before court would like to drop beforehand is there anyway I can do that in Ohio

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Denise Rini
Denise Rini
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The question: do you have a child support Order, either through the CSEA, (administrative order) or through a Court Order? If there is no order, CSEA has no way of processing the payment. You can pay directly, only by check, and write in the memo, child support and the month the Court should give credit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.