Buffalo, NY asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for New York

Q: Car repair place charged me $1000.00 for car repairs. Car is still doing the same problem.How do I proceed?

If their repairs didn't fix the problem do I still owe them for the repairs?

I will have them check it again to give hem a chance to make things right, however,

I don't want to owe them more money for additional repairs.

Need to know how to assert my legal rights so that I am not taken advantage of.

Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If you paid by credit do a chargeback. Go back to the place and put complaint in writing. Your rights are impacted by how long ago you did original work.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.