Clarksville, TN asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Collections for Tennessee

Q: No lease ,boyfriend didnt work out.he owes half rent half utilities for all may now its June he wont go.

We didnt have a lease he agreed to pay 250 rent and half utilities and food. Has not paid anything for month of may and it's now June. How do I get him out this is my house

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You must file a Detainer Warrant on him in General Sessions. Service on him or posting is notice to quit. Just ask for possession. This is only if you intend to live there as you are not the owner. You tell the Court you are a lessee and he is a sub-lessee. If not out in ten days, you must ask Court to issue and execute a Writ of Possession. Do not get in a fight or he will get you arrested and have leverage on you. But probably the best thing is to simply move out since you have no lease.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.