Oxford, PA asked in Medical Malpractice for Pennsylvania

Q: I had a hysterectomy done and I still bleed every month I think the doctors messed up

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for the difficult situation you are undergoing. It would be absurd for anyone but a doctor or very knowledgeable medical professional to even attempt to tell you what they think this means. But if you relayed these brief basic concerns to your family or close friends, it seems likely they would tell you to see a doctor for an examination without delay to make sure you're okay.

Once you tend to your immediate medical needs, and hopefully you are okay, you could contact a med mal attorney in Pennsylvania to discuss your situation in confidence. If they determine that you have the grounds for a case, or see the need to retrieve your medical file and examine the matter more closely, they could advise you of your next steps. Med mal attorneys generally work on a contingency basis and most provide free initial consultations. If nothing else, you could learn the timelines within which you would need to act to preserve your rights under Pennsylvania law. Keep in mind that if the hospital or other parties was affiliated with a government agency, city, municipality or other public entity, there could be notice of claim requirements that impose strict and short deadlines upon claimants to bring action. If that is the case, these could be in the order of days, so keep that in mind. If you consult with an experienced attorney, they should recognize such issues immediately. Good luck.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.