Asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Nebraska

Q: Can you ask for another officer to be on the scene if you do not trust the one who pulled you over?

My ex girlfriends dad is a cop and I recently called her out on social media for cheating on me while not meaning to intend harm on her. Her mom messaged me and said "you dont know who youre messing with" (by the way is that considered a threat by law and is there anything I can do about it?) So im guessing shes going to send her husband to hubt me down and if he pulls me over can I request another officer evaluate the situation besides him?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: A person doesn't get to choose the law enforcement officer to interact with. That being said, if a law enforcement officer has a family member that is making threats, it may be time to seek a protection order or to report the incident to the law enforcement's internal affairs division.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.