Farmville, VA asked in Small Claims and Contracts for Virginia

Q: Received a warrant of debt for a repair but I didn't agree on the terms. Any way to fight the claim?

I asked a company for an estimate on repairs. Instead they came & did the repairs. I have contested part of the bill as unknown terms. They want me to pay for their workers to load & unload the materials at their shop. A reasonable amount was offered & had to be in installments. I do not have the funds to pay the full amount. This offer was rejected with a 'see you in court' response. Now what do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Either pay the amount claimed, negotiate a compromise and pay that or hunker down and wait.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.