Tucson, AZ asked in Family Law, Adoption, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Arizona

Q: My nephews mother through him out . He is 16 in California can I bring him to Az ?

He tells me she drinks all the time and dates he is a good kid is getting his diploma online and working a part time job. I have an apt with an extra room he can stay with me. Any info will be helpful.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If she has thrown him out, she may be willing to agree to let him stay with you. You should draft a simple agreement stating that she is giving you guardianship, power of attorney, and legal decision-making power and have her sign it in the presence of a notary public. There are numerous websites where you can download a state-specific form.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.