Shakopee, MN asked in Banking for Minnesota

Q: My parents made me transfer $20,000 into their account and they will not give it to me. How do I get my money?

I received the $20,000 from a lawsuit when I was 9-10 years old. When I turned 18 (August 2018) I received it and they made me transfer it to them. I went on a 8 month mission trip for my church and now that I am back they will not give it back.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL

A: Wow. You are a legal adult, so you are able to sue your parents for the return of your money; But I do not recommend trying that until you have exhausted all non-legal alternatives. Call some relatives and ask for their advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.