Reading, PA asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: neighbors evil spawn keep throwing rocks in building and breaking windows. police refuse to do anything. what can i do

police refuse to do anything and it took them over 4 hours to respond to the broken window. BUT they only responded because the evill spawn threw his ball down my basement and I would not get it. then the cps showed up in 10 minutes. and no it was not shfit change and during the day.

I was given a ticket for throwing their trash back on their porch. I tried to explain to the cops and she kept telling me to shut up, that I was not gaining any favors with her and then cause I exercised my right of free speech and expression she told me she now going to ticket me because I would not shut up.

I was not mean or anything with her. I stated that she is like the rest of the cops and keep making excused for the parents not disciplining their kids and controlling them.

I restore cars and have a car that they threw a rock into. I was told ot keep my dorc closed, which does not solve the problem. I can not have customers stop in anymore for fear of their cars getting damaged.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: you can sue the parents. You obviously forgot that police like politeness and deference and clearly they were tiring of your free speech. You want cooperation--listen. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but you are over 21 and should know better.

You can ask a court to order them to stop doing things.

As to the trash, remember, two wrongs don't make a right.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.