Cincinnati, OH asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Ohio

Q: What ALL has to be done for me to get custody of my kid back after I signed adoption papers over to my parents?

My parents fought for the adoption because I was an ex drug addict and they thought i was still using when i wasnt.. I have been clean for 2 and a half years now and would be absolutely willing to take a drug test to prove that. My daughter is almost 4 years old. My mother gave me no option but to sign the adoption papers because she threatened that bbn I wouldnt ever see my child again if and when she won if I tried to fight it.. I signed the papers when my daughter was 2 years old. I need to know the steps and what all I need to win the case and get my child back in my custody.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: That question is much too complicated to answer on-line. You will need to retain an attorney to review all the facts and circumstances, and advise you what actions you would have to take. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.