Phoenix, AZ asked in Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Arizona

Q: How can I get my license back I was pulled over vehicle taken about two years ago changed my life since job family

I need to get LIC back to go to work even if payment plan small I have proof I moved was stranded in California never received noticed didn't know warrant existed help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zachary Divelbiss
Zachary Divelbiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: The answer is fairly simple however the process can be complicated. Essentially, you have to contact the MVD and have them provide you a copy of your driving record. You can typically do this online or in person. Then, on the report you will be able to see which court, if any, have a hold on your record. The record is completed to decipher so sometimes it is easier to go in person to have MVD explain it to you. Once you find out which court to go to, you will have to do whatever the court wants. For most people, there is a warrant for some kind of missed payment. The court will put you on a payment plan and then you can go back to MVD and have them remove the hold on your record. You will have to pay the reinstatement MVD fee but you will get your license back.

SEE simple's just a complicated process. If you have anything more complicated, feel free to contact us directly for a free consultation. or 480-935-6545.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.