Covina, CA asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: What is the process of getting your drivers license back after being revoked. Lived in Illinois now in Texas.

yes this was a DUI. person served time in jail and prison, met his drug and alcohol classes been off parole for 2 years. Needs his

license for work. Currently walking to work. Where do we begin?

Thank you

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Mr. Hudson Thomas Bair

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Assuming your DUI conviction and license suspension is based on an incident in CA, you need to call California DMV Mandatory Actions Unit (1.916.657.6525) and ask them how to reinstate your CA driving privilege (if you had a non-CA drivers license) or get your CA license reinstated,

Dale S. Gribow

  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: need more info

each state has their own rules.

after you have done everything ordered by the court for your probation on the DUI you would go to DMV... if in Calif and apply for a new license

be sure there are no bench warrants

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.