Charlotte, NC asked in Business Law and Contracts for North Carolina

Q: Started a renovation with no contract just invoice and H/O is suing me for taking too Long DOC NOT SPECIFIED IN INVOICE

I am a corporation and got half the money up front for special order materials. I got the material started the job, delays/issues happened worh other jobs, weather, help not showing etc long story short verbally had agreed with H/O that job would be complete by xyz date and it wasn't so they fired me and requested all deposit money back. Deposit money paid for special order items I can't return. Special made items. I have not refund policy on my invoices. No completion date justbwork promised and breakdown of payments. I told them I would give Them all the material they paid for with no warranty and they told me not to go to their house at all. So currently awaiting small claims set to next week. What does this look like for me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Go to the small claims court and present your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.