Duncan, OK asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Oklahoma

Q: was hit by a driver he later died now suing the estate wondering if there might be legal rights to accounts

93 year old man ran a red light and hit me on the driver side. causing major injuries to me causing me to be flown and be put on full life support. we ended up suing him, but 2 months after we did he died, now suing the estate. they sold the land and the house and with the insurance money was around 355,000 which now we have to pay the hospitals a portion of that. my question is there more things we can go after? we did some research and it looks like he was super rich like millions. found out he had oil right and maybe even a gas company or at least some how getting money from there.so since he has died do we have any legal rights to go after the money in his account, maybe go after any rights or money he had in oil or a company. so far we are thinking after everything I only end up with 105k which is nothing that im in major pain lost everything and in a wheelchair. before I settle i want to know if there might be any legal rights to anything else besides land and house

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Talk to your attorneys. If they have a contingent fee they have every interest in maxing the amount, and presumably have filed a notice of claim with the estate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.