Bristol, CT asked in Contracts for Connecticut

Q: my ex recently signed a contract in court & is trying to back out on it, can I summon her without my lawyer being there?

Just wondering , the contract is in black & white, & I really don’t want to have to pay $500 an hour for my lawyer to be present if they don’t have to be..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: If you have a lawyer who has entered an appearance in the case, the court may not allow you to bypass them. An option is to fire the lawyer; however, if things go south again you may regret it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.