Houston, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: My partner filed for divorce but refused to follow through. Now i want the divorce. Do i have to start all over again.

We have been separated since jan 2 2018 but decided working things out since January 2019. It's gotten really terrible again and i want out finally. Do i have to start the divorce process all over again or just get the final divorce decree, sign it and turn it in? My partner already filed for divorce in July last year, papers signed. Came with final divorce decree this January and begged for us to get back together, so we didn't finish the divorce by turning in the final divorce decree. Now we're having even more complicated issues. What do i do? I want out asap

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can still pursue the divorce if you have pleadings on file yourself. It is unlikely that you filed the appropriate paperwork. Since you have a lot going on then I would suggest that you retain an attorney to finalize the case for you. We can assist you if you desire. 888-343-4529

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.