Dallas, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: I dont have much money, but I need to file for divorce. No kids or property. Can you please help me?

I fled from the corpus Christi area due to his drinking and abuse.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Allen Thornton
Robert Allen Thornton
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I could help you. I am in Dallas County. But, it depends on how recently you left Nueces County. You have to be a resident of the county you are filing in for 90 days for that court to have the authority to handle your divorce. So, if you want the divorce away from Corpus Christi, you will have to live in the new county for at least 90 days before you file.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.