Hoboken, NJ asked in Medical Malpractice for New Jersey

Q: My son was tested 'Negative' for a hearing test in NJ hospital. When we went to another one he tested 'Positive'

Could you please advise about my options here (for suing) or next steps? My family was in utter grief and pain when we heard the results from the first hospital. And which department of law would this type of issue typically falls under?

Thanks for your time and help!


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: there is a variablity in hearing tests. Suggest you speak to a hearing specialist to determine what the reason for the differences are.

Merely giving you a report of what they found isn't actionable. There is no harm to your son from having differential test results. There may be some anxiety, but I don't believe, without more it would be actionable.

But why not contact an attorney who handles malpractice as most give free consultations.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.